PIDs4SOM. Persistence of scientific content on the Social Web
Objective of the project and research questions
The objective is to index scientific contents on the Social Web (here academic blogs) and to make them available as persistent, identifiable objects. A related objective is to increase the acceptance of scientific discourse on social media platforms in the science community.
- Which methods can be used to identify and to index scientific content on the Social Web?
- Which methods and infrastructures are suitable to ensure the persistence and citability of scientific content on the Social Web?
- What could be mechanisms to ensure quality and to measure the impact of scientific content on the Social Web?
- How can non-standardised content from the Social Web be linked to highly-standardised metadata from the world of “Science 1.0”?
- How can researchers be involved in the semantic description of scientific content on the Social Web?
- GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences (GESIS)
- Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI)
- Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe (HI)
- Leibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN)
- German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB)
- Technical University Darmstadt / University and State Library